Sunday, May 11, 2008

Make iTalkBB phone call from outside U.S

I always want to test iTalkbb outside U.S. since I first time learned that iTalkBB rely only on the internet, doesn't matter where you are.

This February, I made a real test. I had a mini vacation in China between 2/6 to 2/19.

I brought the iTalkBB adaptor back with my luggage. I couldn't wait to test it when I got my parents home. They have FIOS internet with speed upto 2MB/S.

I connected the iTalkbb box in 1 minutes, powered on and booom...the green lights were on and it worked for me! I then made several calls to U.S. and it sounded great without delay and echo. I could hear that friends in U.S. were watching CCTV4 Chinese New Year Special...

Not enough though, I then also made my friends call me back...but... could not get through...???

I was a bit disapointed. Next day, I called iTalkBB tech support and they finally figured out that I plugged the phone jack into "line2" which was not correct. After switching to "line1" on the iTalkBB box, the phone worked for both ways...I could received call from U.S. with same quality!

So give it a try when you out of town, many hotels room providing internet network connection and iTalkbb can work for you anywhere.

If you don't already have iTalkbb, I recommend you take a look at http://www.galaxy3.com for recent iTalkBB promotion, actually, to signup with promotion code 678710 you can save more dollars.